Major Repairs go beyond typical maintenance procedures, requiring expert diagnosis and experienced technicians. A Major Repair often requires creative problem solving and involves unique situations, which is why you want to make sure that the people doing the repair for you are knowledgable and trustworthy.
Here are a few examples of what constitutes a Major Repair:
- Engine-Out Service & Repair. This service requires the removal of the engine, repair or replacement of necessary parts, and reinstalling of the engine. This approach will be used when access to the necessary parts is not possible with the engine in the vehicle.
- Engine Rebuild. This service involves completely tearing down the engine and analyzing each component individually, then putting it back together. Typically, parts with wear (gaskets, seals, O-rings, pistons, etc.) will get replaced and other engine components will get cleaned, checked, and measured to make sure they are still in good shape and serviceable. An Engine Rebuild restores your engine to like-new condition.
- Oil Leak Repair. This service involves tracking down and fixing an oil leak. It could be as simple as a cracked hose, or something more complicated. The investigative component to this repair is part of what makes it “major”.
- Transmission or Driveline repairs. Irregular repairs involving the transmission or the driveline are usually considered to be Major Repairs. By “irregular”, we mean things outside of scheduled maintenance, like the flushing and replacing of transmission fluid.
- Electrical System Wiring, Module Software Coding, and Module Rebuilding Services. Diagnosing and repairing electrical systems is an area where years of experience and deep understanding really shine.
At Tunerworks, we approach Major Repairs a little differently than your typical dealership. We want to make sure our clients feel informed during the whole process and are aware of all the options available to them. We go out of our way to make sure that each client gets the best service possible, recommending their best course of action and helping them save money when possible.
This is the “Tunerworks Service” Approach to Major Repairs:
- Our Experienced and Expert Technicians work closely with our Service Advising Team to explore all possible options when a Major Repair is required. If a quality aftermarket part and proven custom repair method is available, we will offer this to you. For example, rather than replacing an expensive electrical module, we can offer a rebuilt module as an affordable and improved option.
- If a Major Repair can be done in stages, we will offer this to you. Separating a Major Repair into stages will help spread out the cost and prevent you from being without your vehicle for an extended period of time.
We understand that every Major Repair is a long-term investment in your vehicle, regardless of whether it’s a collector vehicle, a passion project, or your daily driver. This is why we come at each project with a unique approach and treat every vehicle that comes into our shop as if it were our own.